My Photo
Caleb and Ace
What a wonderful journey these last 5 years have been! It's amazing how fast our boys are growing up and talking more and more each day. The precious memories that are made each and every day cannot be bottled so we felt that this would be the next best thing. We look forward to sharing with you all the tremendous love we have for our family!
View my complete profile

Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving spending time with family and eating some great food but now it is over and time to start thinking about Christmas. It is hard to believe that it is that time of year again and it is REALLY hard for me to believe that Caleb is going to turn four in a couple of weeks!! Where does the time go?

The weekend after Thanksgiving I was so excited to get all the Christmas stuff out and start putting it up. I knew that Caleb would really enjoy it all this year but not sure what to expect from Ace. Anyway, our Christmas decorating started off kinda rough...I felt like we were in the Christmas Vacation movie. Jamie totally pulled a Clark Griswald on me! He was up in the attic getting all the boxes down and he fell through the ceiling in the garage! Well, he did not actually "fall" thank goodness, he caught himself with only a few scratches, a HUGE hole in the ceiling and a HUGE mess on the floor. It could have been so much worse! Once I knew that he was not hurt I could not help but laugh at him, you have to admit it is kinda funny! He told me not to worry that HE was going to fix the hole and this really worried me because Jamie is NOT a handy man! I admit that I doubted his ability to fix such a huge hole and make it look "right".

He read about how to go about fixing it, talked to some nice people at Home Depot and sure enough HE DID IT!! It looks great!! Thanks babe, I am SO proud!!!



















Caleb and I waited for Ace to go to bed before we started putting up the tree. I did not think that he would be much help. Caleb had so much fun and I had more fun watching him so excited. He was singing Jingle Bells and Rudolph, totally in the Christmas spirit. I let him decorate the tree by himself and he was so proud. Of course when he went to bed I had to do it all over again and luckily he did not notice the next morning. :) He went out to the garage where we keep our cleaning supplies and brought in his little bucket and broom. When I asked him what he was doing in the fireplace he said he was cleaning it out for Santa! So cute!! Last year he was still a little scared of Santa and the thought that he actually comes inside the house while we are sleeping but this year he is so excited.






I always put trees in the boys rooms and Caleb loved all of his ornaments. He had so much fun unwrapping them and decorating his very own tree. Ace enjoyed playing with all of them and taking them off faster than we could put them on. I am just waiting for him to pull the tree down, pretty sure it is going to happen!




We are all very excited about Christmas this year! Caleb is talking about Santa Claus non stop and Ace will get to experience it all for the first time. It's going to be lots of fun...we can't wait!!

1 comment:

Carlee Brian said...

Looks great!! You need to come decorate my house next time!! I know you are going to have so much fun this year with the boys!! Oh, and by the way great job Handy Manny!!