My Photo
Caleb and Ace
What a wonderful journey these last 5 years have been! It's amazing how fast our boys are growing up and talking more and more each day. The precious memories that are made each and every day cannot be bottled so we felt that this would be the next best thing. We look forward to sharing with you all the tremendous love we have for our family!
View my complete profile

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A day at the mall

Last week we went to Cool Springs mall for a little shopping. We used to go all the time when Caleb was little just to walk around and let him play in the play area but we never do it anymore. Now that we have Ace too it seems like more trouble than it's worth to go in public places because they want to run around EVERYWHERE and pick up EVERYTHING off of shelves and all this leads to tantrums and ahhh....I am worn out just thinking about it!



I was always one of those people who saw kids acting up in grocery stores and promised that MY kids would NEVER act like that. I am sorry to all of those Mom's out there that I thought you just could not control your kids. I literally do not take the boys anywhere anymore , especially by myself. I am now one of those Mom's that other people are talking about. Don't get me wrong, our boys are very good boys but there is something about public places that bring out the tantrums.



We felt brave last weekend and thought we would give it another try and it ended up just like all the other times. We might try it again in a year....maybe.



As soon as we walked into the mall the boys just were overwhelmed....it was so funny. Ace had never seen a mannequin before and he was so excited! He ran up to all of them as fast as he could screaming "man, man". I guess that would be strange to him....I wonder what he thought they were?? I had to catch it all on video because it was just too funny not to share.




Boys, we promise to try and get you out more often......



2 comments:

Carlee Brian said...

that is hilarious.. love those boys.. yeah, we are getting there too with all the tantrums in public.. this too shall pass!

Lisa Powell said...

That is so funny!!! Who would've thought?